Prior to the creation of Western District, lodges in NW Ontario were part of the Algoma District. There were 15 lodges total in Algoma District pre-1932. In 1932 Western District was formed and it comprised of eight lodges. The first District Deputy Grand Master RW. Bro. Earl C. Popham of Lake of the Woods Lodge was appointed by the Grand Master M.W. Bro. Herrington of the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Provice of Ontario. The following is a list of the District Deputy Grandmasters of Western District.